10:40 – 12:30, Thursday, March 22, 2007
Salon A-C, Boston Marriott Copley Place
|10:40- 10:45 ||Opening remarks and introduction to members |
Zhijia Shen 沈志佳, Univ. of Washington
|10:45 - 12:15 ||ROUNDTABLE: |
Toward Digital and Increasingly More Diverse Collections & Services
– Approaches from Chinese Libraries outside North America
| || |
- Facilitator: Zhijia Shen
- YAN Xiangdong. National Library of China (PowerPoint)
- Matthias Kaun. Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin. East Asia Department (Paper)
- Angela Ko or Mei Li. University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Paper)
- CHEN Hsueh-hua. National Taiwan University (PowerPoint, Paper)
- ZHANG Qi. Shanghai Library (PowerPoint)
- CHEN Ling. CALIS (PowerPoint, Paper)
|12:05 - 12:20 ||Reports: |
| || |
- Project of digitizing Chinese rare books among the Harvard-Yenching Library, Princeton, the Library of Congress, and the Fu Ssu-nien Library of the Institute of History and Philology of the Academia Sinica in Taiwan
Tai-loi Ma 马泰来, Princeton University
- Cultural Revolution database online: an update
Yongyi Song 宋永毅, CSULA
- Chinese Materials Center in Beijing
Marcia Ristaino, Library of Congress
|Time:||Friday, March 23, 2007: 7:00 p.m. – 9:05 p.m.|
|Location: ||Wellesley Room, Boston Marriott Copley Place|
110 Huntington Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA
Sincere thanks to
ORIPROBE INFORMATION SERVICES/WANFANG DATA
for the generous sponsorship of refreshments!
|7:00 - 7:05 ||Opening remarks |
|7:05 - 9:05 ||E-provider presentations (20 minutes each including Q&A) |
|9:05 - 10:00 ||Free consultation/discussion with presenters |
Presentations will address these issues:
- Latest developments of company products of ebooks and dissertations
- Pricing and Service models
- Copyright issues
- Archival issues
- International Standard issues
- License issues: how do you handle consortium purchases
- “Accessing Chinese dissertations through Wanfang Data—databases and services” (PowerPoint)
Wan Fang Data. Danny Liu.
- “eBook in Chinese Classics and Taiwan studies” (PowerPoint)
Transmission Books & Microinfo Co., Ltd. (Taiwan). Kris Hsu Shu Chuan.
- “Tongfang Dissertation databases and Services to North American users” (PowerPoint)
Tsinghua Tongfang. Zhenhai Zhang.
- “Updates on Apabi eBooks and Services through Apabi”
Beijing Founder Apabi eBooks & D-Lib. Ms Sijia He.
- “ChinaMax and The latest of SuperStar e-books and e-service” (PowerPoint)
SuperStar. Jason Han.
- “OCLC's Global Strategy and Chinese eContent” (PowerPoint)
OCLC. Andrew Wang.