2007 Annual Meeting
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
10:40 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Salon A-C, Boston Marriott Copley Square
AGENDA and MINUTES
- Welcome and Introduction - Mary Lin, Chair of CTP (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- CEAL RDA (Resource Description and Access) Review Subcommittee activities, presented by Deng Shi (UC, San Diego)
- Report on LC-CEAL Cataloging Internship Program, presented by Joy Kim (University of Southern California)
- Updates on CJK Workbook for AACR2 Chapter 12, presented by Ai-lin Yang (Stanford University)
- LC report to Committee on Technical Processing, presented by Yong Ki Lee (Library of Congress)
- Looking to the Future: CJK Processing at the Crossroads, presented by Karen Wei (University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign)
- Introduction of CJK NACO Project:
- CJK NACO Project Overview, by Jiping Wu (Library Of Congress)
- Why CJK NACO, by Shuyong Jiang (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Berkeley�s Participation in the CJK NACO Project, by Evelyn Kuo (University of California, Berkeley)
- The University of Iowa as a Newly Joined Member, by Jia Xu ( University of Iowa)
On behalf of CTP, Mary welcomed all the participants. Then she thanked to all members of the committee and the subcommittee members involved in the special projects for their enthusiasm in supporting the CTP, especially the subcommittee of LC-CEAL Cataloging Internship and its member Joy Kim, Hideyuki Morimoto, and Abraham Yu for their hard work in the past few months. To conclude, Mary emphasized the crucial role of technical processing in libraries and explained the theme of the session: the prospect of all aspects of technical processing in the East Asian Library for the future.
Meeting adjourned at 12:50 p.m.
Minutes Recorder: Keiko Suzuki