You can create a page for your committee on your own computer. The
best way to do that is by using web editing software such as
Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Expression Web, or Adobe
Dreamweaver. For a complete list of HTML editors,
Transferring Files to the CEAL
Server (using Windows File Navigator (IE
When you have finished editing your new files, you need to
transfer them to the CEAL server (http://www.eastasianlib.org/
To do that, use either Windows File Navigator (Internet
Explorer) or Filezilla.
Using Windows File Navigator (Internet Explorer FTP)
1) Right Click the green "Start" Button (lower left corner of
2) On the right-click menu, click "Explore"
3) Windows Explorer opens:
4) Type the ftp address for the CEAL server into the
"Address" box, and press "Go":
5) Next, the "Log on as" Dialog box appears.
Type user name and password (provided by the CEAL Library
6) Connect! You are now connected to the
folder for your committee.
(In the example below, the connection is to the CEAL Library
Technology Committee folder)
7) Copy your files from your hard drive to the
ftp site, using copy paste.
Using FileZilla, the Free FTP Software
You can use FileZilla. Download and use FileZilla to
transfer your files to the CEAL server. Downloading and
1) Go to the Filezilla website:
2) Select "Download FilleZilla Client"
3) After downloading, copy the file to an empty folder on
4) Follow the directions and install FileZilla Using
1) Start FileZilla, and insert the CEAL FTP server
address in the "Host" box. Insert the username, and
Type the Port number: "21".
2) Notice the files listed in your "Local" site and in the
"Remote" site (the CEAL FTP server)
3) Use copy and paste to FTP files from Local to Remote