Welcome to CEAL!
According to article III. A. of the
, a CEAL member is “...an Association for Asian Studies member who pays CEAL membership dues.”
Therefore, to be a CEAL member, you must:
- ... be a current member of AAS (Current AAS members may login at the AAS membership portal)
- ... be current in your annual $30 CEAL membership dues
Only CEAL members are eligible to vote on CEAL issues, run for elected offices, or be nominated for appointed positions.
How to check your current CEAL membership status
You can check your CEAL membership payment history at the AAS membership portal
- Scroll down to "Recent Orders” at your User Account page.
- Look for the most recent item with the total amount in either $31.50 or $30. You will see a date under "Order Date" field which is your last payment date.
- Click on the arrow icon prior to the item and you should see "Council on East Asian Libraries (CEAL)" under "Description" field.
If you have any questions, please send an email to CEAL Treasurer, Tomoko Bialock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joining CEAL is a 2-step process:
1) Join/Renew AAS
- Before submitting the CEAL membership application form, please join or renew your membership via the AAS membership portal.
- Please make a note of your AAS member number, as you need to put this number on the application form and your check. This is very important. If you are not a valid AAS member, your CEAL membership application WILL NOT be processed.
2) Submit the CEAL Membership Application Form and Dues
Online Credit Card Payment
- Fill out the CEAL Membership Application/Renewal Form
- Write a check or money order for thirty dollars ($30), payable to "The Association for Asian Studies Inc." Please write your AAS membership number on the upper right corner of the check.
- Mail your check to: Tomoko Bialock
CEAL Treasurer, 2018-2021
Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library
University of California, Los Angeles
Box 951575, 21617 YRL Bldg
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575