1. Planning and preparation for CJM sessions at CEAL Annual Meetings.
2. Sharing updated knowledge about all forms of Japanese Studies materials.
3. Special focus on implementing digital resources by sharing information on topics such as copyright, licensing, and information technology.
4. Promotion of information literacy on Japanese Studies materials.
5. Cooperation with North American Coordinating Council on Japanese Library Resources in the areas of professional development of Japanese Studies Librarians.
6. Promoting international cooperation among librarians and librarian organizations to enhance the condition of Japanese Studies collection globally.
7. Monitoring of new appointments to Japanese studies librarian positions within North America and sending welcoming messages to those new to this field or felicitation messages to those moving from one position to another within the field.