CEAL Task Force on Metadata Standards and Best Practices for East Asian Electronic Resources
- Membership: Bie-Hwa Ma (co-Chair, UCSD, for technical services), Chengzhi Wang (co-Chair, Columbia, for collections and public services), Susan Xue (UCB), Haruko Nakamura (Yale), Miree Ku (Duke), Connie Lam (HKU), Charlene Chou (U. Washington), Mieko Mazza (Stanford), Erica Chang (U. Hawai’i), Shi Deng (UCSD)
- Ex-officio: Erica Chang (Mar. 2014-), Shi Deng (Nov. 2013-Mar. 2014), CTP Chair
- Term: Nov. 2013-Oct. 2016
(also available in .pdf format: get the file here )
The Task Force is charged to investigate the best practices for creating, manipulating, and managing electronic content and metadata for resources in East Asian languages including that for current and future databases, e-journals, e-books and media materials, and address the issues as those e-resources move through their life cycle from selection through user access, along with associated metadata across different systems and functions.
Under this general charge, the Task Force promotes compliance with well-established metadata standards and best practices for electronic resources used by research libraries in North America, and communicates the required compliance to vendors/ information providers of East Asian digital publications.
The Task Force will work as a liaison with national and international working groups on metadata standards and best practices to identify issues related to East Asian e-resources. When called for, it will form responses to national and international organizations on e-resource metadata standards in consultation with the CEAL community.
The Task Force will organize training workshops and educational programs for both East Asian library staff of research libraries in North America and East Asian content providers to promote metadata standards and best practices.
- NISO DDA of Monographs and KBART, Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Electronic Standards and Best Practices: What Do Bibliographers, Catalogers, Publishers, and Vendors Need to Know? Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- Electronic Resources: Librarians and Vendors Round Table, Thursday, March 27, 2014
- Annual Reports 2013-2014