Electronic Resources Metadata Standards Best Practices (ERMB) is one of CEAL's standing committees. Its primary duties include:
- Promote CEAL members’ collaboration and teamwork among collection development, public services, and technical services to ensure effective access and discovery of East Asian e-resources.
- Advocate for and share best practices for e-resource content and metadata management throughout their life cycle, to promote seamless access and discovery of East Asian electronic resources
- Promote compliance with international metadata standards and best practices among East Asian e-content providers.
- Collaborate with national and international organizations on metadata standards and best practices to address issues in access and discovery of East Asian e-resources.
- Coordinate CEAL members’ efforts in metadata creation and management for East Asian e-resources as well as digital humanities projects, open data and open scholarship across CJK areas.
Please go to the annual meeting page for committee programs at the CEAL annual meeting.