The Journal of East Asian Libraries (JEAL) is the journal of the Council on East Asian Libraries, a non-profit academic organization affiliated with the Association for Asian Studies, Inc., and devoted to East Asian libraries and librarianship. JEAL is issued twice a year, in February and October, and includes peer-reviewed articles, reports, book reviews and institutional and member news items. Articles submitted for peer review should represent original research and not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts should be submitted via the Submit Article link at https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/jeal/.
As of issue number 160, February 2015, the JEAL is a free, open access online journal. The last print issue was No. 159, October 2014. No personal or institutional subscriptions will be started or renewed. The contents of JEAL are searchable and available in full-text through EBSCO databases.
For questions regarding JEAL or the submission process, please contact:
Chair, Publications Committee
Editor, Journal of East Asian Libraries
Information for JEAL Contributors
- The JEAL invites submission of articles, reports, bibliographies, book reviews, and institutional and member news items.
- Articles submitted for peer review should represent original research and not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Notes should be gathered at the end, and documentation should follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed.
- Romanization should done according the following standards : Chinese: Pinyin; Japanese: Hepburn; Korean: McCune-Reischauer.
- Authors’ names should not be on the manuscripts as JEAL as articles go through a double-blind review process.
JEAL submission deadlines are as follows:
|Peer Review Articles