To be a CEAL member, you must be a current member of the AAS. Please check your AAS membership status at the AAS membership portal site (https://members.asianstudies.org/account/login.aspx) and update if necessary before the CEAL membership process.
- How to check your AAS membership status, and make a CEAL membership due payment online
- Log into the AAS membership portal site https://members.asianstudies.org/account/login.aspx with your credential information or create your account.
- It will open your AAS account page.
From the Overview tab, you can check your AAS membership status. You need your AAS number for the CEAL membership online application form and a check for those who make payment by personal check. You can check your payment history from the Purchases tab.
*For those making a payment by check, skip the following steps and proceed to Section 2. (Submit application for join/renew your membership).
- From the top menu of the page, hover your mouse onto Donate, and click on Make Committee Payments/Donations.
- Choose Council on East Asian Libraries (CEAL) and click on Donate.
- Follow the instructions for the donation on the next page and make a payment of $31.5 (includes $1.5 as credit card service fee).
- The payment confirmation from AAS (info[at]asianstudies.org) will be sent to your registered email address.
- Submit application for join/renew your membership
- To join the CEAL first time, fill in: CEAL Membership Application Form (NEW Members Only)
- To renew your membership, fill in: CEAL Membership Renewal Form
- After submitting the online form, forward the payment confirmation from AAS (received by email or you can download the pdf from Recent Orders of Purchases tab in your AAS account page) to the Treasurer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For those making the payment by check, write a check in the amount of $30 payable to “The Association of Asian Studies, Inc” with your AAS membership number on the right corner of the check.
Then, mail it to the address below.
Cataloging and Metadata Services
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle WA 98195