Electronic Resources Metadata Standards Best Practices
The CEAL Task Force on Metadata Standards and Best Practices for East Asian Electronic Resources
The Task Force is charged to investigate the best practices for creating, manipulating, and managing electronic content and metadata for resources in East Asian languages including that for current and future databases, e-journals, e-books and media materials, and address the issues as those e-resources move through their life cycle from selection through user access, along with associated metadata across different systems and functions.
Under this general charge, the Task Force promotes compliance with well-established metadata standards and best practices for electronic resources used by research libraries in North America, and communicates the required compliance to vendors/ information providers of East Asian digital publications.
The Task Force will work as a liaison with national and international working groups on metadata standards and best practices to identify issues related to East Asian e-resources. When called for, it will form responses to national and international organizations on e-resource metadata standards in consultation with the CEAL community.
The Task Force will organize training workshops and educational programs for both East Asian library staff of research libraries in North America and East Asian content providers to promote metadata standards and best practices.
- Members (Nov. 2019-Oct. 2022)
(revised membership was approved on June 30, 2020)
- Charlene Chou (Co-Chair for technical services), Head, Knowledge Access, New York University Libraries
- Amalia Contursi, Non-Roman Script Languages Team Leader, Princeton University Library
- Connie Lam, Cataloguing Librarian (Western & E-Resources), University of Hong Kong Libraries
- Bie-hwa Ma, SCP Chinese Language Metadata Specialist, University of California-San Diego (UC-San Diego)
Collections / Public Services:
- Xiuying Zou (Co-Chair for collections and Public Services), Head, Asian Library, The Claremont Colleges Libraries
- Sanghun Cho, Korean Studies Librarian, University of California – Los Angeles
- Susan Xue, Head, Information and Public Services, & Electronic Resources Librarian, University of California – Berkeley
- Luo Zhou, Librarian for Chinese Studies and Asian American Studies, Duke University
Ex-officio: Hana Kim