- Naomi Shiraishi (Chair)
- Jia Xu (CTP member), Runxiao Zhu (CTP member)
- Charlene Chou (ex-officio, CTP chair)
- For the previous subcommittees, go to: CEAL CTP Subcommittees, Task Forces and Working Groups page.
The mixed practices as far as how Taiwanese access points are constructed have been a longstanding issue in the LC/National Authority File, OCLC and online catalogs. For example, there are three types of qualifiers used in access points for Taiwanese government agencies and corporate bodies—“China”, “China (Republic : 1949)” and “Taiwan”, and this kind of inconsistency defeats the purpose of authorized access points or authority control to enable more precise search results. From a user’s perspective, it is very challenging to search using these names, as there is no unified search strategy they can employ to achieve comprehensive search results. The LC-PCC PS for RDA 16.4 (for Taiwan) is simply carried over from the LCRI (LC rule interpretation) without any solution for the existing problems.
- Examine all related issues, in consultation with current standards and instructions, as well as LC, PCC, and OCLC.
- Make recommendations with options to address the issues, including proposing revisions to the LC-PCC PS, with an analysis of the pros and cons of each option.
- Develop a CEAL proposal to the LC PSD and/or PCC for a PS (policy statement) revision that would reinforce best practices to meet the goals of consistency and user discovery.
- Stand ready to help plan and carry out database cleanup.
- March, 2016-March, 2019
- Preliminary report due on October 15th, 2017
- Final report due on January 31st, 2018
- Charlene Chou (U Washington), Chair
- Shi Deng (UCSD), CJK NACO Coordinator
- Sarah Elman (Columbia)
- Jia Xu (Yale)
- Hsi-chu bolick (U North Carolina)
- Ex-Officio: CCM chair (Stephen Qiao, U Toronto) & CTP chair (Charlene Chou, U Washington)
- LC liaison: Jessalyn Zoom
For the previous subcommittees, go to: CEAL CTP Subcommittees, Task Forces and Working Groups